Homemade Kahlua Pumpkin Pie Recipe!
This homemade Kahlua pumpkin pie recipe is the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever made! The combination of pumpkin pie spices and the chocolate coffee flavors of Kahlua can’t be topped! And of course that mountain of whipping cream just adds to the experience don’t you think?
Now I love to make my own pie crust, that’s what pieladybakes.com is all about right? It’s a crazy busy time at work right now, and combining that with the holidays and baking, well I thought I would explore what is out there when it comes to frozen pie crusts and products. I used a generic brand from our local grocery store – a deep dish pie shell, and you guys, it’s amazing!
Baking the Pie Crust:
Follow the instructions for baking temperatures, but first line the pie shell with parchment paper, and then weigh it down with white beans (uncooked) or pie beads. I use white beans because they are readily available and inexpensive to buy.
Making the Filling:
With the pastry out of the way, putting the filling together takes about 15 minutes when you have all of your ingredients out on the counter. I like to get everything out and measured too, as I find this method of baking really saves time. I’m all about organizing my pantry and saving time in the kitchen, are you?This Pumpkin Pie goes Mayan with splash of Kahlua®! #pumpkinpieClick To Tweet
The first ingredient of the recipe is Kahlua – how cool is that?
Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice:
Now I rarely have pumpkin pie spice in my pantry. Honestly I just never think to buy it. So here’s a trick so that you will always have your own homemade pumpkin pie spice on hand! Pumpkin Pie Spice includes cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. So the ratio is always
- 1 part cinnamon
- 1/4 part ginger
- 1/4 part nutmeg
- 1/8 part cloves
Mix it up in a cute little jar like the one shown here (I usually pick these up at the dollar store or big box kitchen store). And there you go!
Putting it together:
As soon as the filling is cooked, pour it slowly into the baked pie shell and then bake in your oven as per the recipe below.
Once your pie has baked and cooled, it’s time to go crazy with whipping cream! Such a beautiful and perfect pie.
I have made many different types of pumpkin pie recipes,
but this homemade Kahlua Pumpkin Pie Recipe is the ultimate blending
of spices and exotic flavors.
Related: For another recipe that add a spicy kick my Chocolate Mayan Bundt Cake will be sure to please.
- one 9" pie crust 1/2 package frozen pie crust
- 1/4 cup of kahlua
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Line a 9" pie plate with pie crust and chill while you are preparing the filling.
- Preheat oven to 450F/xxC
- Combine Milk, kahlua, sugar, corn syrup, spice and salt
- Add pumpkin and eggs and set aside
- Bake pastry for 7 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. (be sure to use pie beads or beans on top of parchment paper in order to keep the crust from sinking into your pie plate.
- Remove from oven and slowly pour in the pie filling.
- Reduce oven to 350F and bake 35 to 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and once cooled, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- KAHLUA cream topping:
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream with 2 tsp kahlua until stiff, spread over the cooled pie (or pipe?) and drizzle and 1 tsp kahlua on top.