Easy Spaghetti Pie Casserole
This recipe combines two of my favorite foods – spaghetti and pie! A match made in heaven to be sure and so quick and easy to make, I’m wondering why I haven’t thought of this before?
This is by far the best spaghetti pie recipe you will every make. Just sayin.
A delicious spaghetti ‘pie crust’ topped with a yummy meat sauce, and lots of parmesan ricotta and mozzarella cheese, it doesn’t get much easier. There are lots of great recipes out there, I really like this one from Canadian Living, just click here.
With just Mark and I at home, making a full tray or baking dish of just one recipe doesn’t always make sense. Making mini portions allows us to have individual meals that can be popped into the microwave. Am I right? So we’re making mini spaghetti pie casseroles and using this awesome new mini pie baking tin I just got.
I had some extra ingredients, so I doubled the recipe and also baked a 9″ spaghetti pie – to freeze for one of ‘those’ days, when I don’t feel like cooking a big dinner – 🙂 The mini pies are perfect for lunches and they freeze well too!
I can eat this easy spaghetti pie casserole recipe every day!
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp butter softened
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced add more if you love garlic!
- 6 oz lean ground beef cooked
- 1 cup canned whole tomatoes drained and chopped (reserve juice)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- Combine all ingredients for crust
- Spray mini pie tin (or 9" pie plate) with non stick cooking spray
- spread spaghetti mixture over bottom and up the sides to form a crust
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spread ricotta cheese over the bottom of crust and set aside
- in a skillet heat butter, add onion, green pepper and garlic and saute until tender
- Add beef, tomatoes, reserved liquid, and tomato paste
- cook, stirring often until thickened and cooked through
- spoon beef mixture over cheese and bake 20 to 25 minutes
- Sprinkle each pie with mozzarella cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and begins to brown - about 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.