Lemon loaf cake or lemon bread is one of my favorite quick breads to make.
This Starbucks Copycat Recipe For Lemon Loaf Cake is so easy to make, your family will want you to make it all the time!
I think a freshly baked loaf makes a wonderful gift. I love to take a freshly baked ‘something’ when I’m invited out for dinner or just because.
That sweet and tart citrus flavour wrapped up in a dense loaf, when the crumbs all stick together on your fork, you know what I mean? Oh and make sure there is lots of creamy white glaze drizzled all over it.
This is a quick breads recipe, which means when mixing the batter, to use a very light hand when combining the dry ingredients into the wet.
Just like muffins or other quick bread recipes, careful mixing will result in a dense, but very moist and tender Lemon Loaf Cake.
I found this copycat recipe for lemon loaf cake on allrecipes.com, they are an amazing database of recipes and what I really love is how readers take the recipe and make their own adjustments, and then post the results for all of us!If you love the Lemon Loaf Cake at your local Starbucks then you're in luck! This delicious easy to make recipe will satisfy your lemon cravings.Click To Tweet
That is of course what I try to do for you – take a classic recipe and make it easy to make so that you have time to bake delicious treats like this lemon loaf cake and find time to do everything else you need to do!
- 2 pkgs lemon pudding mix 4.3 ounce (pie filling) non-instant l
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs large
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tablespoons lemon juice into bowl of stand mixer; beat for 2 minutes and pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pans for 20 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice together in a bowl until smooth; spread thickly over the top of the loaves and let set before slicing, sprinkle with lemon zest.
Want more like this recipe for lemon loaf cake? Check out my other ‘copycat’ recipes like Starbucks Copycat Banana Walnut Bread!